My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, April 1, 2024

April 1, 2024: Satire Studying: African American Satire

[If ever a year both needed and yet resisted a heavy dose of satire, it would be 2024. So for this year’s April Fool’s series I’ll share a humorous handful of SatireStudying posts—please add your thoughts on these and any other satirical texts you’d highlight for a knee-slapping yet pointed crowd-sourced weekend post!]

I don’t usually link to my Saturday Evening Post Considering History columns in this space (and I do hope you’re checking out my work over there too, dear readers), but for a Black History Month column earlier this year I used the acclaimed current film American Fiction to share a syllabus of African American satire. Didn’t seem to make sure to write an April Fool’s series on satire and now feature those thoughts, so in lieu of a full post today, please check out that February column if you would!

Next satire tomorrow,

Ben

PS. What do you think? Other satirical works you’d share?

No comments:

Post a Comment