My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, November 29, 2021

November 29, 2021: Project Gutenberg at 50: American Indian Stories

[2021 marks the 50th birthday of Project Gutenberg, the amazing web resource for full texts from across literary and cultural history. So this week I wanted to share a handful of the American literary works you can read in full on PG—add yours for a crowd-sourced weekend reading list, please!]

Following up last week’s post on indigenous voices, I wanted to start this series with one of my favorite texts by a Native American author, and one of the most compelling multi-genre literary works in American history: Zitkala-Ŝa’s American Indian Stories (1921). From memoirs and essays to folktales and fiction, this book from one of the most impressive and inspiring Americans exemplifies autoethnography and is a must-read for all 21st century Americans.

Next Project Gutenberg reading tomorrow,

Ben

PS. What would you add to our reading list?

No comments:

Post a Comment