My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

November 16, 2021: The Montgomery Bus Boycott: Rosa Parks

[November 13th marked the 65th anniversary of a key moment in the unfolding history of the Montgomery Bus Boycott. So this week I’ll AmericanStudy a handful of layers to that Civil Rights Movement activism, leading up to a weekend post on 21st century legacies and echoes!]

I apologize for linking to Saturday Evening Post columns for two posts in a row, but in truth most everything I’d want to say about Rosa Parks, during but also before and after her vital role in the bus boycott (which went way beyond keeping her seat on the bus)y, I said in this December 2020 column on the 65th anniversary of her civil disobedience. So once again I’ll ask you to check out that column if you could, to see all the layers to this activist and legend around and so far beyond Montgomery in 1955-56. Thanks!

Next bus boycott layer tomorrow,

Ben

PS. What do you think? Sides to this history or histories like it you’d highlight?  

No comments:

Post a Comment