My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, January 21, 2023

January 21-22, 2023: Spring 2023 Previews: My New Book Project

[This week marks the beginning of a new semester, and so as always I wanted to preview classes I’m teaching, this time through individual authors and texts I’m excited to be including on this syllabi. Leading up to this special weekend update on my own newest book project!]

So when I planned a placeholder post here for an update on Two Sandlots: Baseball, Bigotry, and the Battle for America, I will admit to having had some hopes that there’d be news about a possible home for that manuscript. But there’s not yet, and so I’ll just say instead that I would really love any ideas, leads, connections, etc. about places I might consider submitting a project that is a significant part sports history (and I can lean into that focus even more fully if it fits the home), but with connections to histories of immigration, diversity, prejudice, and American identity as well. This Saturday Evening Post column illustrates a bit of what makes these interconnected stories so unique and important, and I’d love the chance to share them widely so let me know (here or by email) if you have thoughts, please!

Next series starts Monday,

Ben

PS. What do you think? Spring semester authors, texts, classes, or other work to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment