My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

November 22, 2022: Thanks-givings: Purple Carrot

[For this year’s Thanksgiving series, I wanted to highlight briefly but thankfully a handful of the things for which I’m thankful here in late 2022. Add yours for a truly thank-full crowd-sourced weekend post, all!]

I haven’t written much in this space about my 2018 decision to become a vegetarian (most of the time; I lapse on occasion), and the reason I suppose is that it was and remains deeply personal—not just in the sense of it being about me and my health (although yes), but also and especially because I was inspired to do so by my sons (who were vegetarian first and have been more consistently committed to it than I). I’d never proselytize others to do the same, although my sons are more willing and very able to make that case (my younger recently wrote an amazing 10th grade English persuasive essay on the topic). But I will tell you this: if you’re like I used to be, you probably think that meat substitutes and alternatives leave a lot to be desired. I thought that right up until the start of COVID lockdown, when I decided to use a free trial of Purple Carrot’s vegan delivery service. It didn’t take long for me to realize how wrong I had been about vegan food; it didn’t take much after that for my older son to join me in cooking the PC meals, a tradition we have continued to this day and that’s become one of my very favorite things in my whole life to date. So for many, many reasons, I’m hugely thankful for Purple Carrot!

Next Thanks-giving tomorrow,

Ben

PS. What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment