My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Friday, November 18, 2022

November 18, 2022: Public Art: Murals

[On November 13, 1982, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was unveiled in Washington, DC. So for its 40th anniversary, I’ll AmericanStudy the Wall and four other unique examples of public art. Share your thoughts on these & any other public art projects you’d highlight!]

I could tell you all about the 50 stunning murals highlighted in this Parade piece featuring an exemplary mural from every state. Or you could go click through the gallery yourself, and be inspired by the individual artists, communal visions, collective memories, and aesthetic power of this most social form of public art. You know what I’m gonna recommend!

Also, on Twitter Leslie Frost reminds me of the amazing New Deal post office murals!

Newest Guest Post this weekend,

Ben

PS. So one more time: What do you think? Other public art projects you’d highlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment