My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Friday, September 2, 2022

September 2, 2022: Fall Semester Previews: Adult Learning Classes

[This week we start a new semester, one I desperately hope will feel a bit more settled and positive than the last few. To that end, for my annual Fall previews I’ll highlight something I’m especially looking forward to in each class, leading up to a weekend update on my current book project!]

This past Spring semester, I dedicated my courses for the ALFA and WISE adult learning programs to my book in progress Two Sandlots (on which more this weekend). As I wrote in that reflection, the experience was everything I hoped it would be and more, and has powerfully informed my continued work on that project. So this Fall I’ll be doing something similar, but even more foundational—dedicating my classes for those two programs to my planned next book, which I won’t have begun at all pre-courses. That book is tentatively titled “Our boasted civilization is but a thin veneer”: How White Supremacy Erodes the American Ideals It Claims to Love, and will look at a wide range of historical, cultural, and contemporary subjects, from our Revolution/Framing to education, immigration, and the right to vote to home ownership, family and children, and hard work. Haven’t decided exactly how to slice those for these adult ed courses, but I know no matter what that their conversations and students will immeasurably influence and inspire my continued thinking and planning for book 8!

Book update this weekend,

Ben

PS. Classes or other things you’re looking forward to this Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment