My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Wednesday, February 16, 2022

February 16, 2022: Podcasts I Love: Drinking with Historians and Uncorked History

[For this year’s Valentine’s Day series, I wanted to highlight some of the wonderful podcasts on which I’ve been honored to be interviewed. Leading up to a weekend post highlighting a handful of other great podcasts—share ones you love as well, please!]

As the world of scholarly podcasts has grown exponentially in recent years, one challenge has been for new podcasters to find their particular niche and angle in that wonderfully rich field. Two of my favorites, and two of the best conversations I’ve been part of, are video podcasts that have connected public scholarship to potent potables: Matt Gabriele and Varsha Venkatasubramanian’s Drinking with Historians (now sadly done releasing new episodes, but they’re all still on YouTube) and Jamie Goodall and Kelly Therese Pollock’s Uncorked History (still in its podcast infancy but already doing phenomenal work). I enjoyed being part of those multi-vocal recordings and videos for lots of reasons, but I would say especially that they really exemplify the conversation goal, creating a feel less like an interview and more like a informal but compelling shared discussion. Love that!

Next podcast tomorrow,

Ben

PS. Podcasts you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment