My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, February 14, 2022

February 14, 2022: Podcasts I Love: No Jargon

[For this year’s Valentine’s Day series, I wanted to highlight some of the wonderful podcasts on which I’ve been honored to be interviewed. Leading up to a weekend post highlighting a handful of other great podcasts—share ones you love as well, please!]

I know podcasts have been around for longer than this, but my first real experience with them was in late 2015, through the Scholar Strategy Network’s excellent (and still going!) No Jargon podcast. I appeared on No Jargon’s 10th episode (it’s now well into the 200s!), interviewed by SSN’s then-Executive Director Avi Green, to discuss the histories, myths, and realities of immigration and immigration law in the U.S. I haven’t been able to bring myself to listen to the episode before writing this post, as I’m quite sure I’ve gotten a lot better at such interviews and conversations in the 6+ years since. But I love No Jargon as my introduction to this vital medium, and as a model for talking about complex histories and issues with, you guessed it, no academic jargon.

Next podcast tomorrow,

Ben

PS. Podcasts you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment