My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

February 15, 2022: Podcasts I Love: Axelbank Reports History & Today

[For this year’s Valentine’s Day series, I wanted to highlight some of the wonderful podcasts on which I’ve been honored to be interviewed. Leading up to a weekend post highlighting a handful of other great podcasts—share ones you love as well, please!]

If my experience with podcasts after that initial No Jargon conversation was for the next few years a bit of a gradual development, over the last year and a half I’ve had the chance to connect with a lot more, talking in particular about my most recent book Of Thee I Sing. That’s mostly because I’ve worked hard to make such connections, but it’s also because a ton of great new public scholarly podcasts have emerged in recent years. One of my favorites is journalist Evan Axelbank’s Axelbank Reports History and Today, on episode 13 of which I appeared in the fall of 2020. Evan is a true champion of public scholarly work and voices, and uses his podcast to share and promote such writing, while (as his title suggests) consistently connecting it to our contemporary moment and issues. I love both those goals!

Next podcast tomorrow,

Ben

PS. Podcasts you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment