My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, June 17, 2019

June 17, 2019: AmericanStudies Beach Reads: Ian Williams’s Reproduction


[I’ve got some very talented friends and colleagues. So for this year’s annual Beach Reads series, I wanted to highlight works by friends old and new and colleagues at FSU (I’m a poet and I don’t know it!). Leading up to one of my favorite crowd-sourced posts of the year, so make sure to share your Beach Read nominations, please!]
I’ve written about my friend and former FSU colleague Ian Williams in at least three distinct posts here, including one in a prior Beach Reads series no less. But if you thought that I’d let the occasion of the publication of Ian’s first novel pass without highlighting it here—well, I don’t imagine you thought that, and you were right. I haven’t had a chance to read Reproduction (2019) yet, but even without the laundry list of praise from amazing fellow writers on that Random House (!) website, I know that this novel will be both deep and fun, and thus a perfect Beach Read that’ll stick with you long after the sunscreen has washed away. If Ian isn’t already a very big deal (and he really is), he’s soon gonna be, and it’s been a honor to watch every step of this amazing career (to date) unfold. Let’s bring the latest step to our summer getaways!
Next Beach Read tomorrow,
Ben
PS. What are you bringing to the beach this year or would you recommend we bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment