My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Friday, September 6, 2024

September 6, 2024: Fall Semester Previews: Aidan at Vanderbilt!

[As my 20th (!) year at Fitchburg State University kicks off, I’ll focus my Fall Semester previews on one thing I’m especially excited about for each of my courses. Leading up to a special post on a new scholarly project I’m very excited about as well!]

By the time this post airs, I will be down in Nashville for Family Weekend, visiting my older son Aidan as his first year at Vanderbilt University kicks off in earnest. I don’t want to pretend that I know what his Fall semester will hold, no more than I do any other part of these next four years and beyond (although I’m super excited to find out!). But I know that one of the courses he’ll be taking this Fall, alongside a bunch of Engineering and Engineering-adjacent ones as he starts his major in Civil Engineering, will be Literature and the Environment, taught by English Professor Rachel Teukolsky. I don’t expect Aidan will take many English courses in his time at Vandy, and I hope y’all know me well enough to know I’m more than good with that. But I can’t lie, I’m excited to think about his first year featuring one such course, and to talk about it with him, at Family Weekend and beyond.

Special weekend update tomorrow,

Ben

PS. What are you excited to teach or work on this Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment