My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

November 21, 2023: Thankful for Scholarly Communities: Freedom Over Fascism Podcast

[For this year’s Thanksgiving series, I wanted to express thanks for a handful of opportunities I’ve had to connect with scholarly communities this Fall. Leading up to a special tribute to my two most important scholarly influences!]

Last year I was honored to be featured on Stephanie Wilson and the Hoosier Victory Alliance’s What the Gerrymander? podcast, talking all things American patriotism. It was a great conversation with plenty of room for follow-ups, so I was particularly excited to be invited back (as their resident American historian, no less!) to chat about curricula battles, book bans, and much more on the renamed but just as vital Freedom Over Fascism podcast. Every podcast I’ve been able to join has helped me think through and express different sides of my ideas, but Stephanie is particularly great at pushing me to connect nuanced takes on history to impassioned perspectives on the present, and since that duality sums up a lot of what I want all of my work to do these days, I greatly value this ongoing opportunity to do so in conversation with one of our best podcast hosts. Watch this space for more!

Next Thanks-giving tomorrow,

Ben

PS. Communities (or anything else) you’re thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment