My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, February 20, 2023

February 20, 2023: Non-favorite Trends: Defunding Public Higher Ed

[For this year’s annual post-Valentine’s non-favorites series, I wanted to highlight some current (and in most cases longstanding) trends that really gripe my cookies. Add your non-favorites to a crowd-sourced weekend airing of grievances that’s always one of my favorite posts of the year, ironically enough!]

For this first non-favorites post, I’m gonna ask you to read instead one of my Saturday Evening Post Considering History columns. In that column I discussed that long and inspiring history of public higher education in America, and why the ubiquitous defunding of public higher ed around the country is one of the worst 21st century trends. As a PhD product of and long, longtime professor in public higher education, nothing, and I mean nothing, gripes my cookies more than this systemic defunding, and I’d love for you to check out that column and join me in the fight to reverse this longstanding and in many ways deepening trend.

Next non-favorite trend tomorrow,

Ben

PS. Thoughts on this non-favorite? Other non-favorites of any kind you’d share?

No comments:

Post a Comment