My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016: New Scholarly Books: Heidi Kim’s Invisible Subjects



[With the semester done, this week I’ll be getting to work on the final revisions of my forthcoming fourth book. More on that on Friday, but first, I wanted to highlight briefly four new books in American Studies by colleagues and friends. Check ‘em out and share your own book recommendations, please!]
I’ve known Heidi Kim since we were undergrads, and have had the chance to see her move very fully into her career as a prolific and talented scholar and teacher of Asian American Studies, American Studies, and American literature and culture. She’s now followed up her work editing the vital Taken from the Paradise Isle: The Hoshida Family Story (2015) with her first monograph, Invisible Subjects: Asian America in Postwar Literature (2016). I’ve seen this project develop over many stages and shifts, and to say that I’m excited to read and learn from the final product would be to understate the case. The next step in a very promising scholarly career!
Next new book tomorrow,
Ben
PS. Other books (new or not) you’d recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment