My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 24, 2016: New Scholarly Books: André Carrington’s Speculative Blackness



[With the semester done, this week I’ll be getting to work on the final revisions of my forthcoming fourth book. More on that on Friday, but first, I wanted to highlight briefly four new books in American Studies by colleagues and friends. Check ‘em out and share your own book recommendations, please!]
I met André Carrington three years ago while giving a book talk at Drexel University, where he’s an Assistant Professor of English. In the years since I’ve seen him become a vital scholarly voice across a number of interdisciplinary fields: African American Studies, Queer Studies, American Studies, Comics and Cultural Studies, and more. He pulls all those threads and more together in his first book, Speculative Blackness: The Future of Race in Science Fiction (2016). Can’t imagine a more perfect summer read ahead of my next section of Introduction to Sci Fi and Fantasy this fall—but whatever you’re teaching and whatever your interests, I’m quite sure this book will have something to contribute to the conversation.
Next new book tomorrow,
Ben
PS. Other books (new or not) you’d recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment