My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, February 13, 2023

February 13, 2023: Songs I Love: “Soul Days”

[For this year’s Valentine’s series, I wanted to share a handful of recent songs I’ve loved. Share recent songs, albums, artists you love for a crowd-sourced weekend post with heart eyes!]

As part of last year’s Thanksgiving series, I highlighted Bruce Springsteen’s new album of soul covers, Only the Strong Survive. My favorite song from the album remains the one I mentioned in that post, “Night Shift” (and I think I love that hyperlinked video about as much as I do the song). But a very close second, and an even better thesis statement for the album as a whole, is Bruce’s cover (featuring Sam Moore) of the great Dobie Gray track “Soul Days.” You can’t go wrong with Gray’s version either, but you know I’m especially lovin’ on Bruce’s (and can’t wait for some summertime soul days in a few shorts months)!

Next song I love tomorrow,

Ben

PS. What songs or artists have you been lovin’ on recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment