My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, December 30, 2019

December 30, 2019: 2019 in Review: The UAW Strike


[2019—it’s been real, it’s been good, but it ain’t been real good. Actually, I’m not even sure I’d say it’s been good, but it has definitely been eventful. So this week I’ll AmericanStudy a handful of major 2019 stories I haven’t been able to cover on the blog, leading up to a few predictions for what’s likely to be an even more eventful 2020.]
I promise that I’m not gonna use every post in this series (or any other, in fact) to simply share pieces from my bimonthly Considering History column for the Saturday Evening Post. But in this case, I did write there about why the national strike started by UAW workers was so significant and so representative of the true radicalism of the American labor movement; since I didn’t get a chance to write about that strike in this space, I wanted to share that piece as a way to remember that vital 2019 action and activism. If you get a chance to check it out, I’d love to hear your thoughts (there, here, wherever!).
Next 2019 review tomorrow,
Ben
PS. What do you think? 2019 stories you’d highlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment