My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, May 18, 2019

May 18-19, 2019: Summer and Fall Book Plans


[April showers bring May flowers, and May flowers bring, besides Pilgrims, the end of another semester. So this week I’ve shared a few reflections from my Spring 2019 semester, leading up to this special weekend post on what’s ahead for the summer and beyond. I’d love to hear your Spring reflections or Summer/Fall plans in comments!]
I’ve got a lot on my radar for the summer: a new version of my Analyzing 21st Century America: An Interdisciplinary Perspective hybrid grad class; a new adult learning class (for Assumption College’s WISE program) on “A Skeptic's Guide to American History”; and more, including lots of good times with the boys of course. But to be honest, when it comes to my professional career and identity, my summer plans are centered on a very particular occasion: the release (on my birthday, August 15!) of my forthcoming fifth book, We the People: The 500-Year Battle over Who is an American (part of Rowman & Littlefield’s American Ways series).
Every book project has been and remains meaningful to me, of course, but this one nonetheless represents a distinct step forward into my public scholarly goals. And as such, I am significantly more committed than ever before to getting the word out about it in any and every way. I’m on sabbatical in the Fall, so I will be particularly available to talk about the book and these American histories and stories in any and every setting, community, space, conversation (and to be clear, I’ll be very available and happy to do so throughout the summer as well; my goal isn’t selling books, but sharing these histories and stories). So not for the first time, and definitely not the last time, I ask for all suggestions and ideas, recommendations and connections, inquiries and questions related to this book and to my writing and talking about it. Please feel free to shoot me an email, to comment here, to connect with me on Twitter, to give my office phone a call (978-665-4805), to do whatever you have to do to be part of this summer and fall of book plans! Thanks in advance!
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. What do you think? Spring reflections or Summer/Fall plans you’d share?

No comments:

Post a Comment