My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, April 20, 2019

April 20-21, 2019: Patriots’ Day Texts: We the People


[Only a couple New England states celebrate Patriots’ Day, which officially pays tribute to the colonial Minutemen who helped begin the American Revolution at Lexington and Concord. But the holiday offers a chance to think about patriotism in America more broadly, which I’ve done this week, starting with my annual Patriots’ Day post, continuing through a series on critically patriotic texts, and leading up to this update on my new AmericanStudying book!]
First (and not foremost, but I’m really in love with it so I’m starting with it nonetheless), We the People: The 500 Year Battle over Who is American has a cover image! Ain’t that pretty?
Second, I just wanted to reiterate my desire to talk about this book anywhere and everywhere—before its August 15 release date, after that date, you name it. I’ve already gotten to give a number of great talks and have more lined up, at bookstores and libraries, at universities and historic sites, even in a prison classroom! But I’ll always be very happy to add more to the list, and to travel near and far for the chance to do so. So please feel free to pass along thoughts or suggestions or invitations, whether in comments here or by email or on Twitter or whatever works!
Third, thanks!
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment