My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, March 5, 2016

March 5-6, 2016: Canadian Colleagues



[Having CanadianStudied sites of Montreal memory this week, I wanted to end by highlighting a few of the many wonderful Canadian colleagues I’ve met in my career!]
First, a few prior posts that have featured Canadian colleagues:
--These two on the awesome and talented Ian Williams, who was my FSU colleague for too short of a time before returning to Canada where he continues to do amazing work;
--This one on international AmericanStudiers, in which I highlighted Maureen Mahoney (whose great AmericanStudies career has continued to evolve).
--And this one on Toronto-area book talks, which featured two Wilfrid Laurier University colleagues Debra Nash-Chambers and Kevin Spooner; that post also highlighted the University of Toronto’s Cheng Yu Tung East Asian Library, where I met the great Lucy Gan.
Finally, while I didn’t have the chance to meet in person the Canadian colleagues I featured in this 2015 Northeast MLA wrap-up post on the conference’s inspiring performances, each of them both embodies a particular strength of the humanities and models a life and career working in this field.
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. Colleagues, Canadian or otherwise, you’d highlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment