My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014: AmericanWishing: Lee's “The Gift”

[As I’ve done each of the last few years, I wanted to spend this holiday week sharing some wishes for the AmericanStudies Elves. For this year’s, I’ll be sharing five texts I wish all Americans had the chance to read. I’d love to hear about your wishlists as well!]
No matter what the holiday season means to each of us, I have to believe that family (however we define that complicated and crucial community) is a central part of it for everyone. And I don’t know of a work of American literature that more succinctly, poignantly, and perfectly captures the gifts we get from and give to family than Li-Young Lee’s “The Gift.” Check it out, AmericanStudier family (and then check out this video of Lee discussing and reading his poem)!
Next wish tomorrow,
Ben

PS. What would you wish for?

No comments:

Post a Comment