My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 5-6, 2012: Great Historical Fiction, Part 5


[Fifth and final entry in the week’s series on great American historical fiction! But I’m always thinking about this genre, so continued nominations, feedback, and other responses still very welcome as always!]
For the fifth post, quick hits on five more nominees for amazing American historical novels (all of which I’ll probably write more about in future posts!):
4)      Margaret Atwood’s Alias Grace (1996)
Next series this coming week,
Ben
PS. Any historical novels or novelists you’d highlight?
5/5 Memory Day nominee: Nellie Bly, the pioneering and hugely talented investigative reporter and muckraking journalist who changed American media, writing, and narratives of gender and identity.
5/6 Memory Day nominees: A tie between two titanic 20th century Americans who need no introduction, Orson Welles and Willie Mays.

No comments:

Post a Comment