My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, August 4, 2018

August 4-5, 2018: Virginia Historic Sites


[On July 30th, 1676 Nathaniel Bacon issued his “Declaration in the Name of the People,” kicking off Bacon’s Rebellion. So this week I’ve AmericanStudied that rebellion and other 17th century histories, leading up to this special weekend post on some of Virginia’s historic sites!]
As you might expect from a Cville-born-and-raised AmericanStudier, I’ve written a lot about Virginia sites over this blog’s 7.75 years! Here’s a list (in no particular order) of many of those posts, and I’d love to hear your thoughts on any of them or any other sites (Virginia or beyond) you’d share!
TJ’s Monticello (and an app on slavery there)
The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum’s Udvar-Hazy Center
And, natch, a weeklong series of posts on Cville itself
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. Other historic sites, in Virginia or elsewhere, that you’d highlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment