My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, June 24, 2013

June 24, 2013: Book Release Reflections, Part One

[My newest book, The Chinese Exclusion Act: What It Can Teach Us About America, was released on Friday (check out that low low Kindle price!). So for this week’s series, I’ll be thinking about some different aspects of the book’s process, goals, and meanings. Would love to hear your thoughts—and if you’re interested in the book but can’t buy it, email me and I’ll send you a copy!]
On a central challenge of public scholarship.
A few weeks back, thanks to a generous offer from Heather Cox Richardson, I wrote a guest post for the great The History Society blog. In that post, I addressed a topic that has come up numerous times in this space as well: the challenge of writing historical or AmericanStudies scholarship that seeks to connect to both public and academic audiences. The post is still up and I’d still love your thoughts, so for this week’s first reflection I’ll direct you there:
Next book reflection tomorrow,
Ben
PS. So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment