My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, June 15, 2013

June 15-16, 2013: Crowd-sourced Blogroll

[For this week’s series, I’ve highlighted a handful of the many fellow bloggers/blogs on my reading list, divided up by categories (although all these blogs go beyond any one category). This crowd-sourced blogroll is drawn from the suggestions and nominations of fellow AmericanStudiers—add yours, please! And remember to say hi in comments in any case, per yesterday’s request!]
In response to Monday’s post on teaching blogs, Kisha Tracy highlights a few others: Joshua Eyler’s, Derek Bruff’s, and Annie Murphy Paul’s.
Also in response to that post, Kate Jewell highlights Teaching United States History, which contributor Tona Hangen notes has “gone kinda quiet over the summer but we’ll be back!”
In response to Wednesday’s post on history sites, Paul Beaudoin writes, “For me one of the best websites for American History is the Library of Congress' ‘American Memory’ project. From 18th century Broadsheets to musical manuscripts of Aaron Copland and Leonard Bernstein - to fantastic resources in American popular music history.” And Donna Moody adds, “I've used this site extensively in papers (even my MA thesis) I've written relating to captive Africans and slavery, spiritual beliefs and healing ways carried from Africa. Great pictures also.”
In the comments on Friday’s post, Mark Cheathem shares his historical and political history blog, Jacksonian America.
I would also add a new historical blog I discovered this week, Points: The Blog of the Alcohol and Drugs History Society.
And finally, here are the blogs/websites of some other folks with whom I Tweeted about the series or related topics this week: Matt Loveland, Steve Edwards, C.W. Anderson, Joseph Adelman, Lou Freshwater, James Schirmer, John Hennessy, Brooks Simpson, and Elizabeth Covart.
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. So again, two requests: share any blogs (including your own) you’d highlight; and say hi in comments, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment