My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 12, 2013: AmericanStudier Blogroll: History Blogs

[For this week’s series, I’ll be highlighting a handful of the many fellow bloggers/blogs on my reading list, divided up by categories (although all these blogs go beyond any one category). Please share some of your favorite blogs for a crowd-sourced blogroll-tastic weekend post!]
Three blogs that help me connect to that elusive but ever-present American past.
1)      The Junto: This group blog, maintained by an impressive cohort of young Americanists, focuses on any and all aspects of early American history and culture. Newly created at the outset of 2013, The Junto has already become a must-read for all AmericanStudiers.
2)      Civil War Memory: Kevin Levin’s website and blog, about which I’ve written previously in this space, is one of the longest-running and most prominent historical and scholarly blogs. So it certainly doesn’t need my endorsement—but be that as it may, I still visit Civil War Memory daily, and always come away inspired to keep thinking about American history and culture.
3)      Hankering for History: An anonymous Fitchburg State University undergraduate (at least I think he wants to remain anonymous, and so won’t out him here!) maintains this multi-faceted historical blog, one that is as likely to focus on ancient Egypt as on contemporary military history. Works for me!
The past isn’t even past, and blogs like this help make it a more meaningful part of our present. Next blogroll highlights tomorrow,
Ben
PS. What historical blogs do you read? Other blogs you’d highlight for the weekend post?

1 comment: