My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Thursday, November 26, 2020

November 26, 2020: Book Thanksgivings: Podcasts

[For this year’s Thanksgiving series, I wanted to share a few words of appreciation related to my forthcoming book Of Thee I Sing. I’d love to hear what y’all are thankful for in comments!]

I enjoyed every chance I’ve had to share my thoughts on a podcast, going back to SSN’s No Jargon, Facing History & Ourselves’ series on Democracy & Civic Engagement, and more. But as part of the rollout for Of Thee I Sing this fall, I’ve been able to connect much more fully with some of the most compelling current podcasts, in a variety of genres: public scholarly, as I chatted with Evan Axelbank for his Axelbank Reports History and Today; political, as I fought the good fight with Burt Cohen for his Keeping Democracy Alive; and just plain fun, as I drank with Matt Gabriele and Varsha Venkat for their Drinking with Historians video podcast. Each of those conversations really pushed, extended, refined, and amplified my thoughts on all things American patriotism, and helped me connect to distinct audiences and fellow AmericanStudiers. I highly recommend both listening to and connecting with such podcasters and podcasts, and I’m very thankful for my chances to do so.

Last Thanksgiving tomorrow,

Ben

PS. What are you thankful for (other than the approaching end of this damn year)?

No comments:

Post a Comment