My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, January 18, 2020

January 18-19, 2020: Book Talk and Project Updates


[As of next week my sabbatical is officially done and I’m back to full-time teaching. So this week I’ve shared some previews for my Spring 2020 classes, leading up to these updates on book talks and projects. I’d love to hear what you’re up to as well!]
Happy MLK weekend! I’ve got a new Saturday Evening Post Considering History column coming up on Monday, so keep an eye out for that. In the meantime, two quick updates on book projects:
1)      I’m excited to announce here that I’ve signed a contract for my next book, which like We the People will appear in Rowman & Littlefield’s American Ways series. Tentatively titled My Country ‘Tis of Thee, this project will trace the history of competing American patriotisms—celebratory, mythologizing, active, and critical. Feels like a great complement to We the People and like a particularly important topic to be writing about in this crucial election year. Watch this space for more info!
2)      But We the People continues to feel more and more relevant with every passing day, so I’m excited that the book talks for that project will continue. Here’s a current list of those upcoming talks, but as ever I’m open to any and all suggestions and connections for other possibilities (including online spaces where I can share the book). Thanks! (And if you aren’t able to get to a talk in person, here’s a video of December’s Boston Athenaeum talk!)
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. What’s on your Spring 2020 horizon, and/or what are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment