My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, February 24, 2024

February 24-25, 2024: Biden and Anti-Immigrant Narratives

[For this year’s annual non-favorites series, I wanted to highlight moments when important and in many ways impressive Americans gave in to white supremacist prejudices, modeling the worst of our national community in the process. Leading up to this special weekend post on our own moment.]

I don't normally write posts here in immediate response to current events; that's somewhat more for my Saturday Evening Post Considering History column. And I'm not entirely doing that in this case either. But a couple days ago I had a Twitter thread go viral, and it was on a topic very much related to the week's series: on a very frustrating way in which President Biden is giving into anti-immigrant narratives and xenophobia; and on the longstanding legacy of such moments in American history. I hope you'll check out that thread, and I hope we can all resist these narratives and argue for inclusive alternatives. 

Next series starts Monday,
Ben

PS. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment