My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, December 5, 2020

December 5-6, 2020: AIDS and COVID

[December 1 is World AIDS Day, an occasion to remember not just the global epidemic overall, but also and especially the individual and communal stories within it. So this week I’ve AmericanStudied the commemoration and a few of those stories, leading up to this weekend post on whether and how we can learn from those stories in our own ongoing pandemic moment.]

The more I thought about it, the more I realized this weekend post was not one where I should pretend to be an expert. So instead, here are a handful of pieces on the links and distinctions between the AIDS and COVID pandemics, from a few genuine experts:

1)      William Haseltine for Scientific American

2)      And Haseltine for Forbes

3)      UNAIDS with practical medical and social tips

4)      Nursing Clio offering phenomenal contexts as ever

5)      And Masha Gessen in the New Yorker

Pearl Harbor series starts Monday,

Ben

PS. What do you think? Connections to our present moment you’d highlight? AIDS stories or histories you’d share?

No comments:

Post a Comment