My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

December 23, 2020: AmericanWishing: Crucial Communities

[As this godawful year nears its close, we could all use some positivity. So for my annual series of wishes for the AmericanStudies Elves, I wanted to highlight hopeful figures, texts, histories, and stories we should all better remember in the new year. Leading up to a weekend post featuring a more personal hope!]

Five historical communities whose impressive stories we should add to our collective memories.

1)      The Chinese Educational Mission

2)      The Filipino Association of Philadelphia

3)      The Silent Sentinels

4)      The Varsity Victory Volunteers

5)      Black Panther Breakfasts

Next wish tomorrow,

Ben

PS. What do you think? Histories we should better remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment