My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 14-15, 2015: I Love Being an Uncle

[For each of the last couple years, I’ve dedicated my Valentine’s week series to highlighting some American loves of mine. I’ve done the same this week, leading up to this special weekend post on a new love. I’d love for you to share your own Valentine’s loves and messages in comments!]
Last August I featured a week’s series on American uncles and aunts, inspired by my sister and brother-in-law’s impending parenthood. Well, I’m going to keep this special post short and sweet: in late October my sister had twins, Lila and Owen; they, their Mom and Dad, and everybody in the family are doing great. My 9 (!) years as a Dad convinces me that there’s no greater love than what we feel for our children—but being an uncle is pretty nice too! Happy first Valentine’s Day, Lila and Owen!
Next series starts Monday,
Ben

PS. Loves or other Valentine’s messages you’d share?

No comments:

Post a Comment