My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Friday, February 13, 2015

February 13, 2015: I Love Magical Historic Sites

[For each of the last couple years, I’ve dedicated my Valentine’s week series to highlighting some American loves of mine. I wanted to do the same this week, leading up to a special weekend post on a new love. I’d love for you to share your own Valentine’s loves and thoughts in comments!]
Flowers and chocolates are okay but pretty clichéd; for my money, you can’t do anything more romantic for Valentine’s Day than taking the one you love to a wonderful historic or cultural site. Here are five of my favorites, which will be familiar to long-time readers of this blog (and about which I won’t say any more, so you can use the time to prepare for your trip!):
1)      The Salem Witch Trials Memorial (I know Witch Trials might not seem romantic, but I don’t know any place in America I’d rather share with a loved one)
2)      The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum (and especially that courtyard!)
3)      The Robert Gould Shaw Memorial (which is even more awesome if you share those details about Saint-Gaudens)
4)      Monticello and Ash Lawn-Highland (they’re on the same road!)
5)      Angel Island and San Francisco’s Chinatown (okay, that’s more of a daytrip, but your love would be impressed by the effort)
Special post this weekend,
Ben

PS. What do you think? Loves of yours you’d share?

No comments:

Post a Comment