My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Thursday, January 25, 2024

January 25, 2024: AmericanStudying Groundbreaking Women: Pauli Murray and Black Women in the Law

[175 years ago Tuesday, Elizabeth Blackwell became Dr. Blackwell, the first woman to graduate from a US medical school. So this week I’ll AmericanStudy Blackwell and four other groundbreaking women from American history, leading up to a special weekend post on folks from our own moment!]

Back in March 2022, I used the occasion of Ketanji Brown Jackson’s nomination to the Supreme Court to write a piece for my Saturday Evening Post Considering History column on the amazing Pauli Murray and the long history of groundbreaking Black women and the legal profession in America. I couldn’t create this week’s series and not included them all, so in lieu of a full post today would ask you to check out that column, please!

Last groundbreaking woman tomorrow,

Ben

PS. What do you think? Other groundbreaking women, past or present, you’d highlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment