My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Friday, November 27, 2020

November 27, 2020: Book Thanksgivings: Y’all

[For this year’s Thanksgiving series, I wanted to share a few words of appreciation related to my forthcoming book Of Thee I Sing. I’d love to hear what y’all are thankful for in comments!]

I’ve said it many times before, but I never get tired of saying it: y’all, my fellow AmericanStudiers, are the reason I think and write about these things. I’ve been able to connect to many different communities and conversations over my decade of public scholarly writing, online especially but also in adult learning programs and book talks and organizations and so many other spaces. But as I tried to indicate in my 10-year anniversary post earlier this month, this blog is not just where that all began—it has been by far the most consistent and central place for me to do this work, and has been a profound influence on every aspect of my career, certainly including my books. So I’m deeply thankful for it and for y’all, and would just ask (as I also say all the time, and always mean) for you to say hi, in comments or by email, if you get a chance!

November Recap this weekend,

Ben

PS. What are you thankful for (other than the approaching end of this damn year)?

No comments:

Post a Comment