My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, March 14, 2020

March 14-15, 2020: What’s Next for NeMLA


[This past weekend, the 51st Northeast MLA convention was held in Boston. As always it was an impressive and inspiring experience, and this week I’ve recapped a few of my highlights and takeaways from the convention. Leading up to this special weekend post on what’s next for NeMLA and how you can get involved!]
The most straightforward way you can get involved with NeMLA is to propose a session for next year’s convention, which will be held from March 11-14 in Philly. Go to this page, create a login, and propose a session to ensure that you can be part of NeMLA 2021!
But there’s a second, more in-depth and more relevant to AmericanStudies way, one I’d love to talk about further with all interested folks: running to succeed yours truly as the American Area (now, as I noted earlier in the week, renamed the US, Transnational, and Diaspora Area) Director. The Area Directors serve 3-year terms, and have a good bit of work a couple times a year but mostly have a chance to really connect to all the great panels, papers, special events, and other work that happens at the conference. The elections take place in May; I have one person in mind as a possibility but am not sure she’s interested, and in any case would again love to chat more about with any and all interested folks. As I’ve written in this space before, the NeMLA Board is quite simply the best academic community I’ve ever been around, so any chance to join it is one you should definitely consider!
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. Questions or ideas about NeMLA? Lemme know!

No comments:

Post a Comment