My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Saturday, July 13, 2019

July 13-14, 2019: An Aliens and America Addendum

The Guest Post on The X-Files will be up next weekend, but in the meantime I just had to note one addendum to the series, and particularly to Monday’s post about the escapist role that alien conspiracy theories can play in our cultural consciousness:
As of this writing, more than 400,000 folks have signed up for a Facebook Event to “Storm Area 51” in order to “see them aliens.” Area 51 is, of course, in a border state, and thus not all that far away from the restricted concentration camps in which real, fellow humans are being held in some of the most inhuman conditions imaginable. Not sure I need to say any more about the contrast between this planned event and those unfolding realities.
Next series starts Monday,
Ben
PS. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment