My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Monday, September 24, 2018

September 24-26, 2018: NeMLA Panels You Should Submit To!


This coming Sunday, September 30th, marks the submission deadline for most of the panels (and roundtables, and seminars) for next spring’s 50th anniversary NeMLA Convention (March 21-24, 2019, in Washington, DC)! You can’t go wrong with any of the proposed sessions (for the full list see this CFP), but for this week-long special post I wanted to highlight a handful of AmericanStudies sessions to which you should definitely consider submitting abstracts. Let me know if you have any questions, and I hope to see you all in DC in March!
1)      African American Literature and the Ironies and Ideals of Freedom (one of two sessions I proposed in my new role as American Literature Director)
2)      Highlighting and Reading Latinx Female Writers (my other proposed session, a roundtable hoping to find a productive way to respond to the Junot Díaz #metoo scandal)
Again, there are plenty more American sessions (and sessions of all types) at the CFP, so I’m sure you can find something that speaks to your interests, fellow AmericanStudiers. Hope to see you all in Washington! September Recap this weekend,
Ben
PS. Lemme know any questions or thoughts, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment