My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Thursday, March 1, 2018

March 1, 2018: Inclusive Figures: Yung Wing



[Last week I followed up my Valentine’s Day talk on Exclusion & Inclusion: The Battle to Define America by highlighting exclusionary moments and histories. This week I’ll flip the script and highlight some of the inspiring inclusive figures on whom my book will likewise focus!]
I’ve written about Yung Wing’s unique and representative, tragic and inspiring, illuminating and vital American life and story many many many times, in this space and other online ones and my third book. But I don’t know that I’ve summed up what his story and identity can help us understand about exclusion and inclusion any more succinctly than in this January 2017 HuffPost piece. Check it out and then come back here to share your thoughts, please!
Last inclusive figures tomorrow,
Ben
PS. What do you think? Other inspiring figures you’d highlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment