My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Friday, March 10, 2017

March 10, 2017: AmericanStudies Events: Looking for More!



[Over the last few months, I’ve had the chance to take part in a number of interesting AmericanStudies conversations, each hosted by a unique and significant organization or space. So this week I wanted to follow up those events with some further thoughts and reflections, leading up to a weekend post looking ahead to the NeMLA Convention later this month!]
I’m gonna keep this post pretty short and sweet, as it’s mainly a reiteration of the first and third points from this January post: I’m actively looking for opportunities to talk about both my most recent book, History and Hope in American Literature: Models of Critical Patriotism; and my next one, which will focus on the duality of exclusion and inclusion about which I wrote in Tuesday’s post. I’m also still happy to talk about The Chinese Exclusion Act: What It Can Teach Us about America; my series of 2013-2014 book talks on that project remain career and life highlights. I’d also also be very excited to find out about other adult learning courses or opportunities, such as the ones I highlighted in yesterday’s post. I’d also also also be thrilled at more chances to work with younger students, as I did in visiting my sons’ classes over the last few months. Bottom line: I’m open to any and all events and opportunities, chances to add my public scholarly thoughts to our conversations and communities, to learn from my fellow Americans, and to help us move forward toward the more perfect union for which so many of us are fighting harder than ever these days.
NeMLA preview this weekend,
Ben
PS. Opportunities, conversations, or events you’d share? I’d love to hear about them, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment