My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 15, 2015: Spring 2015 Previews: Bringing my Hall to ALFA

[With the start of a new semester comes all the new opportunities and possibilities provided by a fresh group of courses. In this week’s series I’ll highlight a few of those semester plans, among a couple other things on my Spring 2015 radar. I’d love to hear about your spring plans and goals in comments!]
For my next Adult Learning in the Fitchburg Area (ALFA) course, I decided to share the lives and writings of five figures (one for each week of the course) that I’ll be nominating for my Hall of American Inspiration project. The five I chose, and a prior post that helps explain why:
1)      William Apess!
2)      Ida B. Wells!
3)      Sui Sin Far!
4)      Abraham Cahan!
5)      José Antonio Vargas!
Can’t wait to see how my always-inspiring ALFA students will respond to the histories and stories, texts and contexts, to which these five connect.
Next preview tomorrow,
Ben

PS. What do you think? Spring plans you’d share?

No comments:

Post a Comment