My New Book!

My New Book!
My New Book!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

April 12, 2012: Poems I Love, Part Four

[I’m spending much of my blog-time this week working on a new writing project, about which more to come soon (when details become more finalized). So in honor of National Poetry Month, I’m going to highlight one amazing American poem per day this week, say one thing about why I love it, and then hope that you’ll a) read and enjoy; and b) share your own nominations in comments!]

Joy Harjo’s

“A Map to the Next World” (2000)

Everything I ask poetry, and literature, to be and do.

Final poem tomorrow,

Ben

PS. Favorite American poems, merci beaucoup!

4/12 Memory Day nominee: Ronald Takaki, the pioneering scholar of ethnic studies, Asian American Studies, and multicultural American history who really represents, quite simply, the ideal for which American history-writing, scholarship, and education should continually strive.

No comments:

Post a Comment